EVO Evolution Advanced 5A/8A Starter SetThis product has been replaced by the Evolution Express Advanced 5A/8A Starter Set (EVOX) and is no longer available. Click here to view the EVOX.
Everything you need to get started with Advanced Digitrax Command Control.
Evolution is perfect for most home and club layouts.
It offers excellent speed control, prototypical consisting, the full range of programming features and much more.
Maximum capacity, maximum features. Take it to the Max with Evolution!
Evolution Set Includes:
- DCS210 Command Station/Booster With Intelligent AutoReverse
- DT500 Super LocoNet Throttle (Infra ready)
- UP5 Universal Panel
- PS615 Power Supply
- One LT1 LocoNet Cable & Decoder Test Kit
- Evolution Manual
- Digitrax Decoder Manual
The DT500 Advanced Super Throttle & DCS210 Advanced Command Station Offers
- User interface makes DCC simple.
- Dual throttle knobs give you control of two locos at the same time and makes consisting easy.
- Full numeric keypad for loco selection, function control, and decoder programming.
- Simplified 4 digit addressing.
- Easy address browsing and selection.
- User-friendly text messages to guide you.
- Click encoders for smooth speed control.
- Multi-line LCD display puts all information at your fingertips.
- Convenient step-by-step throttle option set up
- Infra-ready out of the box (with UR90 sold separately).
- Ready for transponding and cab signaling.
- Simplified throttle option setup.
Big System Capacity for Big Layouts
- Run up to 100 addresses at the same time on your system.
- Run up to 100 throttles at the same time on your system.
Over 9000 Locomotive Addresses
- Address 00 for operation of one loco or MU consist without decoders
- Two Digit Addressing is easy to use. (Address 01-127)
- Four Digit Addressing lets you use the road number of your engines as their addresses. (Address 0128-9000+)
5 or 8 Amps of Power to Run More Trains
- Selectable Scale Voltage for Safe Operation in ALL Scales
- Customizable Voltage Settings
- 5 amps of power with included PS615 power supply
- 8 amps with PS2012 power supply (sold separately)
- Control 30 functions (F0Fwd, F0Rev, and F1-F28).
- Function 2 is a special non-latching key that can be used to sound the horn for as long as the key is held down.
- Constant brightness lighting. Headlights can be directional or independently controlled (depending on decoder capabilities).
Two DCC Outputs are Better than One!
- Use one output for programming decoders while the other runs the layout. No need to shut down the layout to program decoders!
- Use one output for a braking section while the other runs the layout.
- Built in read/write programmer lets you program and read back CV values.
- Supports Paged programming (Digitrax preferred method). Also supports direct, register and ops mode programming
- Supports Universal consisting (Digitrax preferred method). Allows ALL locos to be consisted prototypically, even analog locos.
- Advanced consisting and Basic consisting, too!
- Nested consisting where consists can be consisted together.
Stationary Decoders, Turnout Control & Turnout Position Reporting
- Access to stationary decoder control for turnouts and other devices.
- DT500 reports turnout position based on last command sent.
- Control 2000+ stationary decoder addresses.
- Turnout List/Route capability to simplify complex yard operations.
- EZ routes button for simplified Command Station route programming
Customizable System Options
- Turn audible warnings on or off.
- Set up purging options.
- Multi-format command station mode.
- Loco Reset button for easy system purging
UP5 Universal Panel
- Makes LocoNet hook up simple!
- 2 LocoNet jacks for hooking up your LocoNet network.
- 3 throttle jacks for hooking up throttles and other non-RailSync devices.
- Evolution is just the beginning for large, complex layouts that emphasize prototypical operations.
- With LocoNet you can add more boosters, throttles, power management, detection, transponding, signaling and much more.
- DCS210 comes with 3 LocoNet ports for Easy expandability
Other Advanced Features
- IPL updatable firmware for continued product improvements
- Device Query and Device Statistics to help with troubleshooting
- Input Mode to help set up detection on your layout
- Uses Expanded slots
International versions available for
- European Union
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- No Worries Warranty (read more)
Digitrax gives a one year "No Worries" Warranty against manufacturing defects and accidental customer damage
on all Digitrax command stations, boosters, throttles, decoders, power supplies and layout control devices.
That's it! A simple, straightforward warranty with no tricky language!
Repairs are simple, too! Just fill out the form and return your items directly to Digitrax for repair. We'll get them fixed up and return them to you as quickly as possible. Please DO NOT return items for repair to the place of purchase.
Make Sure Your Item Needs To Be Repaired Before Sending It To Us! Many of the units we receive for repair do not need any repairs at all. Before you send any units for repair, please take a few minutes to review our Support Options.
1. Check the Tech Support Depot for help. Search for troubleshooting guides.
2. Click here to send Digitrax Tech Support a message.
Please give your name, e-mail address, phone number and when is the best time to contact you. Please give a complete description of the issue you are having.
Many problems are easily resolved by contacting Digitrax Tech Support without having to send in your unit.
Note: Some Digitrax products are no longer repairable due to unavailability of repair parts. Un-repairable items will be returned to you at no charge with no repairs made.
Please Note: Most of our products are not user serviceable. If a defect or accidental damage occurs, return the unit directly to Digitrax for service. Please do not open the Command Station/Boosters (except for making voltage adjustments or changing batteries per the manuals). Please do not remove the shrink wrap protective sleeves from the Digitrax decoders. Shrink may be peeled back to expose pads for adding function wires.
Accessory items that are not covered under the No Worries Warranty carry a 90 day warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. This includes speakers, wire, cables, battery covers, etc.
Intentional damage and customer modifications outside the scope of instructions provided with the product are not covered by this warranty.
Do NOT send a locomotive with your decoder. If a locomotive is sent to Digitrax, Digitrax will ship the entire package back, unrepaired.
This product is a set, containing the following products: