DH83 2 Amp Mobile DecoderThis product has been replaced by the 3 Amp DCC Mobile Decoder (DG380L) and is no longer available. Click here to view the DG380L.
2 Amp Digital Command Control Mobile Decoder. Stamped as both DH83 and DH83F.
Designed for use with HO, O, S, O-27 & G Scale Locomotives
These units are no longer repairable.
Retired in 1996
- 2.0 Amp (4.0 Amp Peak) Mobile DCC Decoder
- Designed for use with HO, O, S, O-27 & G Scale Locomotives
- Compatible with DCC industry standards
- Interoperable with other DCC systems
- Open address range with full 236 address capability
- User programmable Address, Acceleration, Deceleration,
- Start-voltage & Mid-point voltage
- Programmable from DCC compatible equipment without opening the loco
- Smooth conversion to analog operation
- Controllable constant brightness directional lighting outputs rated at 200ma
- Smooth locomotive speed control with user selectable
- 14, 28, or 128 forward & reverse speed step capabilities
- User loadable speed tables for customized speed control
- 3 function outputs rated at 200ma
- Heavy duty motor drive output
- Actively protected against motor short circuits
- Smooth deceleration to stop before changing direction when locomotive is reversed while moving
- Current Rating-Motor
- 2.0 Amps (4.0 Amps Peak)
- 0.67” x 1.2” x 0.25” (17.02mm x 30.48mm x 6.35mm)
- Wired (read more)
Decoders with wires provided for hooking up the decoder in the locomotive. If wires are not provided for hooking up functions, solder pads are provided to allow you to access those functions by adding wires.
Digitrax Mobile Decoder Wire Colors
What the wires are for
Power Pick-up Right (Engineer's Side)
Power Pick-up Left (Fireman's Side)
Motor + Right Brush
Motor – Left Brush
White w/ Yellow Stripe
White w/ Green Stripe
White w/ Blue Stripe
Note: DH82 & DN92 decoders, some of the very first decoders produced by Digitrax used a different wiring color code. Please check decoder spec sheets for the wire colors that were used with these decoders.
- Function Outputs
- 3-200mA (read more)
3 function decoders support F0 Forward and F0 Reverse. This allows for reversing headlights and one additional function.
The combined current available for these two functions is 200mA.
How functions are numbered:
F0 (FWD) White
F0 (REV) Yellow
The Blue wire is Lamp Common to allow for continuous lamp operation.
F4 White with Yellow Stripe
F5 White with Green Stripe
F6 White with Blue Stripe
and so one are each counted as one function. This is an industry wide convention.
- Function Type
- Standard (read more)
Standard functions turn functions on and off. Many Digitrax decoders with standard functions offer head lights that can be set up to be either automatically reversing or individually controllable. Digitrax decoders are shipped with automatic reversing head lights enabled. When you are using a standard function output, simply hook up the function output to the function device and you will be able to turn it on and off from your throttle.
- Replaced by
Tech Support Depot
This product is also included as part of the following sets: