The DT402 & DT400 can program and readback CVs with the DCS100 or DCS200 (Super Chief) or the DCS51 or DCS50 (Zephyr).
You must use the programming track for this unless you are using Ops Mode with transponding installed to allow for Ops Mode readback. Infrared and simplex radio throttles must be plugged in to LocoNet to read back CVs & their values. Duplex radio throttles do not have to be plugged in for reading back CVs.
Systems with a DB150 command station (Super Empire Builder) are not able to read back CV Values programmed into decoders.
To read back CV values:
1. Place the decoder equipped locomotive you want to program on the programming track. You can also do an ops mode read back with Digitrax transponding decoders if you have set up transponding to allow ops mode read back.
2. Enter Program Mode by pressing the PROG Key to enter programming mode. The display will show the last CV and CV Value you programmed.
3. Select the programming mode you wish to use by pressing the PROG Key until the method you want appears in the Mode Indicator. You can read back in PG, PH, Pd, or Po modes with the following restrictions:
- PG - Paged Mode, no restrictions.
- PH - Physical Register Mode, can only read CV01-CV08. You should not rely on values in the display for CVs above 08 when reading back in physical register mode.
- Pd - Direct Mode, no restrictions.
- Po - Operations Mode, readback can only be used with Digitrax decoders that are capable of ops mode read back when transponding is set up to support ops mode read back.
4. To read back the CV value programmed for the two digit address (CV01), use the L Throttle knob to dial up Ad02 on the left side of the text area and then.press the DISP Key. T
he text area will show Ad2 =rd followed by a flashing box. When the read back is finished, the CV value (the 2 digit address) will be displayed on the right side of the text area.
5. To read back the four digit address that is programmed into the decoder use the L Throttle knob to dial up Ad02 on the left side of the text area, then press the R throttle knob to change to Ad4.
The text area of the display will show Ad4=???? (disregard any value that appears at this time).
Press the DISP Key and the display will change to Ad4=8rd followed by the flashing box.
When the read back is finished the 4 digit address will be displayed on the right side of the text area.
6. To read back any other CV start at AD2=??? (Use the L Throttle knob to dial in Ad2 on the left side of the display or if you were in four digit addressing, press the R throttle knob once).
Use the L Throttle knob to dial up the CV you want to read back or use the numeric keypad to enter the CV Number.
Press the DISP Key the display will show the CV number=rd followed by the flashing box.
When the read back is finished, the CV value for that CV will be displayed in the Right side of the text area.
7. Once you have read back any CV, you can change its value by dialing in the CV value you want to program and pressing the ENTER Key.
8. Press the EXIT Key to quit programming mode and return to normal operations (Fn Mode).
You can read back and re-program as many CVs and their values as you want in a session. When you are finished, press Press the EXIT Key to quit programming mode and return to normal operations.
9. If your command station is a DB150 and you are using any method other than Operations mode for programming, you must turn track power back on after you finish programming.
Press the PWR Key, then press the Y+ Key, then press the PWR Key to exit power mode.
DCS100, DCS200, DCS51 and DCS50 do not require this step.