CV08 is the factory reset CV for all FX3 decoders and also the Manufacturer ID CV for all decoders.
This procedure is performed on a programming track.
To reset all CV values to their factory default, program CV08 to a value of 008/x08 while the locomotive is on the programming track.
To reset all CV values except for 28 step speed tables to their factory values set CV08 to a value of 009/x09.
Earlier Digitrax decoders must be reset manually, CV by CV.
This procedure may or may not work with other manufacturer's decoders.
When you "read" the value of CV08, Digitrax decoders report back "129".
This number is unique to Digitrax, and other manufacturer's decoders report back other values.
Note: Performing a factory reset will not affect the manufacturer ID and will reset the decoder's address to the factory default of 03, a 2 digit address.
Procedure for resetting a Digitrax mobile decoder - Zephyr: Follow the procedure listed here, entering a value of "08", the CV you want to change, at Step 4. When you follow Step 5, the Digitrax decoder will indicate "129". In Step 6, you will enter a value of "08", which will reset the decoder.
Procedure for resetting a Digitrax mobile decoder - DT400/DT500 series Throttle: The DT400 or DT500 can be used to reset a mobile decoder, regardless of the command station that you are using. You will be using "Paged" mode programming.
1. Turn the L Throttle or use the key pad to begin selection of the CV# you want to program. Set this value to "08". You will see the "Clear" Semaphore icon displayed on the left of the DT400 display when you are entering CV's.
2. Enter the CV value of "08", using the numeric keypad or turn the R Throttle to dial up the CV value of 08. You will see the "Clear" Semaphore icon displayed on the right of the DT400 display when you are entering the CV value.
3. Press the ENTER Key to program the selected CV value into the selected CV number.
4. Press the EXIT Key to quit programming mode and return to normal operations.
Procedure for resetting a Digitrax mobile decoder - DT602 series throttle: The DT602 can be used to reset a mobile decoder using Direct mode programming on a program track as follows.
1. Press the Menu key to get into programming.
2. Press the "2" key for CV programming.
3. Press the "2" key for Direct programming on the program track.
4. Press the "Soft key A" for the CV #.
5. Press the "8" key to get CV8.
6. Press the "Soft key B" to enter the data..
7. Press the "8" key.
8. Press the "Soft key A" to write to the decoder.
9. Press Exit to exit programming.