Performing factory decoder reset using Digitrax Zephyr Xtra (DCS51) or Zephyr (DCS50)
To reset a Digitrax decoder to factory defaults the user must set CV08 to a value of 08. It is recommended that this procedure be performed on the dedicated service mode programming track using direct mode programming.
1. Place the decoder equipped locomotive on an electrically isolated service-mode programming track which is connected to Programming Outputs Prog 'A' & 'B'.
2. Press the PROG MODE key until “dir” appears in the LED display.
3. Press the STEPS CV key. (The LED display should read “t###” with the # symbols replaced by actual digits)
4. Enter “08” using the numeric keypad. (The LED display will read “t008”)
5. Press the STEPS CV key. (The LED display will read “d###” with the # symbols replaced by actual digits)
6. Enter “08” using the numeric keypad. (The LED display will read “d008”)
7. Press the CV WR key. (The LED display will blink “d008” and then return to solid displaying “d008”)
8. Repeat Step 7 two more times to ensure that the command has been received by the electronics.
9. Press the EXIT key.
10. The reset of the electronics to factory default is now complete.
1. Place the locomotive that was reset in the preceding procedure on the mainline track.
2. Press the LOCO key. (The LED display should begin flashing)
3. Enter “03” using the numeric keypad. (The LED display should be flashing “03”)
4. Press the LOCO key. (The LED display should display “03” solid and the locomotive sounds should start.
5. Select FORWARD with the direction knob. (The front end head, number board & ditch lights should turn on. If not, see step 6. Otherwise go to step 7)
6. To turn on the lights press the “0” key. (The front end head, number board & ditch lights should turn on)
7. Increase the throttle setting by turning the throttle knob clockwise. (Confirm that the locomotive moves in the forward direction)
8. If sound is installed, press the “2” key. (Confirm that the horn sounds and that the ditch lights alternate flashing for a few seconds before returning to solid)
9. Decrease the throttle setting