LocoNet System Architecture
Digitrax LocoNet is a Peer to Peer local area network (LAN) designed specifically for model railroad operation. System architecture is the biggest difference among DCC systems, the way the components of a DCC system communicate among themselves.
LocoNet wiring is cost effective, flexible and expandable to accommodate almost anything you want to do with your railroad today and in the future.
Here are some of the expansion possibilities available with LocoNet. With Digitrax LocoNet your DCC journey starts at the Main Station with your first “starter” set. From there, it’s up to you. You can add:
- Mobile decoders for your locomotives
- Function decoders for more lights and other functions on your locos.
- Sound decoders for realistic sound.
- More boosters to give you more power to let you run more trains.
- More throttles for more operators.
- Different types of throttles simple or full featured. You can even use DC power packs as throttles with some command stations.
- More throttle jacks for convenient walk around operation.
- Infrared or radio capability for more freedom for operators.
- Accessory decoders for turnout and accessory control.
- Detection so you will know there is a loco in a track section.
- Transponding so you will know which loco is in a specific track area.
- Signaling for prototypical operations.
- A personal computer to automate operations or for dispatching.
- Use your cell phone as a throttle.
- Automatic reversing with a booster or power manager.
And the list goes on and on. With LocoNet, you customize your layout to run the way you want it to run!