The LT1 is a simple decoder tester.
Decoder Testing Instructions
1. Prepare the cable for use in the testing procedure, by stripping the insulation from the Red, Green, Black, and Yellow wires. The Blue and White wires are not used and can be cut off the harness.
2. Twist the RED and YELLOW wires together. Twist the BLACK and GREEN wires together.
3. Hook up decoder as shown in Diagram 2.
4. Use your throttle to select the decoder and run it in the forward direction.
5. One of the two center LEDs will light as the motor voltage from the decoder increases. Use your throttle to change direction and the other center LED will light.
6. Test other decoder functions by connecting the LT1 to the Blue decoder common and one of the function leads.
7. Use your throttle to turn the function on and off. One of the two center LEDs will go on and off with the function. Do this test for all function leads separately.