1. Plug the DT402 & DT400 series throttle into any functioning Digitrax LocoNet System or other LocoNet compatible system and you are ready to go! You can use any LocoNet jack on your system.
2. First, you will see the DT402 or DT400 version number screen:
This screen shows the throttle's software version number. It is displayed for a few seconds each time you power on the throttle.
3. Next you will see the power indicator screen:
This screen indicates the power available to the throttle. When you are plugged in to LocoNet, this value will be between 9 & 15 volts. When you insert a battery or unplug from LocoNet, the value displayed will be the battery power available. When this number is less than 6.2 volts it’s time to consider replacing or recharging your battery.
4. Then you will hear the throttle beep and you will see a screen similar to the following.
This screen displays current addresses selected on the L (left) & R (right) throttles along with their current speed and direction. The functions that are turned ON for the active throttle (the one with the blinking smoke icon) are displayed across the top of the display.
5. To begin operations, simply turn or single click either throttle knob or press any key to initiate any throttle task.
6. If you unplug an unpowered throttle from LocoNet the LCD will go off while it is unplugged. It will come on again when you plug in to LocoNet again.