To Test LocoNet Cables With an LT1
1. Unplug the wire harness from the LT1.
2. Plug one end of the LocoNet cable you want to test into the LT1.
Note: When making your own LocoNet Cables, it is important to make them in a consistent manner. At Digitrax, the white wire is always on the right side of the plug when the plug is viewed with the clip at the top.
3. Connect the other end of the LocoNet Cable being tested to any powered Digitrax Booster’s LocoNet Port A or B. Be sure you have at least one Digitrax throttle plugged in to your LocoNet during this test.
4. All four LEDs on the LT1 will light if the cable is good. LEDs may not all be the same brightness, this is normal. Note: If a Digitrax throttle is not plugged into the LocoNet, only three LEDs will light.
5. If any of the LEDs fail to light, recrimp the plug on the cable and re-test.