1. Do not exceed the decoder’s 500mA total function output rating.
2. We recommend that the Blue wire, also called +Common or Lamp Common, be connected as shown. If you wish to omit the Blue wire in your installation, consult the Digitrax Decoder Manual for more information.
3. The head lamp should be hooked up using the Blue/+Common wire for optimal Digitrax transponding operation.
4. To use a function output with an inductive (coil) type load, see the Digitrax Decoder Manual for more information to avoid damage to the decoder.
5. See the Digitrax Decoder Manual for full details of wiring 12-16V lamps, 1.5V lamps, and LEDs. Lamps that draw more than 80 mA when running require a 22 ohm 1/4 watt resistor in series with the directional light function lead to protect the decoder.
6. Some locomotives employ filter capacitors for RFI suppression in the locomotive wiring. These may cause problems with Supersonic decoders and non-decoder analog operation on DCC. This capacitor should be removed for best operation.