Digitrax uses CV33-CV46 to handle remapping according to published standards.
The CV values that are permitted for function remapping are limited to 8 bits, a maximum value of 255. Therefore only 8 functions can be mapped to each function key.
Function remapping is easy! Just follow these simple steps:
1. Locate the row for the Throttle Function Key [chart below] that you want to use.
2. Locate the column of the Function Lead Color (number) you want to control.
3. Note the value at the intersection of the row and column.
4. Program that value into the the CV listed next to the Throttle Function Key.
Example 1: Single Function Remapping
You want to Control a whistle with the Throttle Function F2 key which will blow the whistle for as long as you hold the key down. The sound board that creates the whistle is wired to the Brown lead (function output 3).
1. Locate the row for the Throttle Function Key F2 you want to use.
2. Locate the column of the Function Lead Color (function output number) you want to control, Brown (3).
3. Note the value, 16, at the intersection of the row and column (Yellow box with red outline in chart).
4. Enter this value, 16, into the the CV listed next to the Throttle Function Key, CV36.
5. The Throttle Function Key will now control the item connected to the Brown function lead.
Example 2: Multiple Function Remapping
You want to control two lights with a single Throttle Function Key. The lights are cab lights and running lights that only come on at night. One light is wired to the Brown (3) lead and one is wired to the White/Yellow (4) lead. You want to use Throttle Function Key 8 to control these lights.
1. Find row for Throttle Function Key F8 and follow it across to the column for the Brown lead and note the
value, 2. Continue to the White Yellow column and note the value, 4.(Green boxes in chart)
2. Since you want both function leads to work at the same time, add the two values together, 2+4=6.
3. Enter this value, 6, into the the CV listed next to the Throttle Function Key F8, CV42.
4. The functions connected to Brown and the White/Yellow leads will now turn on and off with
Throttle Function Key 2.