To run a locomotive, you must first select it.
1. Choose which THROTTLE (L or R) you want to use to run a locomotive. Make it the active throttle by turning it a 1/4 turn in either direction or by pressing down on the knob. If there is no active address selected to the throttle, as shown above, SEL will blink to let you know that the throttle is ready to select an address.
2. Press the SEL key. The active throttle display will begin flashing the Loco Icon, the last loco address selected on the throttle and the Lo mode indicator. Sel loco will be displayed in the Text Area of the LCD display.
3. To select a 4 digit address, rotate the L THROTTLE knob to dial up the first two digits (1000s and 100s) of the address you want to select and rotate the R THROTTLE knob to dial up the last two digits (10s and 1s) of the address you want to select. Alternately, you can rotate the R THROTTLE knob to browse through all of the addresses in sequence from address 00 (analog) to 01-127 (2 digit addresses) to 0128-9983 (4 digit addresses).
4. To select a 2 digit address, rotate the L THROTTLE knob counterclockwise until you see 00 appear in the display, then rotate the R THROTTLE knob to dial up a 2 digit address between 00 and 127.
5. As you browse through addresses, the LCD will display any current information for each address including current speed on the bar graph, current status in the Text Area, active functions on the top line of the LCD. The Loco icon will blink if the loco address is selectable and will be steady if the loco selected on another throttle.
6. Once the address you want to select is displayed, press the SEL key once again to select this address on the active throttle. The LCD screen will show the locomotive’s address, speed information and functions on/off for the loco you just selected.
7. The Loco icon will appear in the display with a direction arrow and blinking smoke. The blinking smoke indicates which side of the throttle is active (is displaying function information on the top line of the LCD).
8. Repeat the process to select a different address on the L THROTTLE. You can run two different locos at the same time on the DT300. The Blinking Smoke above the loco icon tells you which throttle is active in the DT300 display.