For Tower 55 and other locomotives that require 4 digit address to be programmed using CV17 & CV18 instead of the normal Digitrax Throttle Automated method.
To determine the values to program into CV17 and CV18, please complete the following worksheet before beginning the 4-digit address programming procedure.
1. Write the 4-digit address to be programmed into the decoder here: _____________
2. Take the 4-digit address from step 1 and divide by 256. (Result from step 2 = ____________)
3. Take the digits to the left of the decimal point in the result from step 2 and add 192. (Result from step 3 = ____________)
4. The result from step 3 is the value for CV17. Write it below for reference during programming: CV17 = ___________)
5. Take the digits to the left of the decimal point in the result from step 2 and multiply by 256. (Result from step 5 = ____________)
6. Subtract the result from step 5 from the 4-digit address in step 1. (Result from step 6 = ____________)
7. If the result from step 6 is greater than 100, then write it below as the value for CV18. If the result is less than 100,then add a leading 0 to make the result three digits and write it below as the value for CV18.
CV18 = ___________