KB580: Zephyr Xtra - Making DCS51 or DSC50 a Booster/Throttle
This article was last updated on Aug. 15, 2011, 6:11 p.m. | Print Article | Leave Feedback
How to disable command station capability in a DCS51 (Zephyr Xtra) or DCS50 (Zephyr) so it will operate as a booster and throttle without command station capability
If you have outgrown your Zephyr Xtra or Zephyr and have moved up to a more powerful command station, you can disable the command station capability in your DCS51 or DCS50 and continue using it as a booster and throttle in your system.Digitrax operators who upgrade from Zephyr to more powerful command stations for their systems can change Zephyr into a Booster/Throttle by setting OpSw 02 to closed.
Changing DCS51/DCS50 Option Switch 02 to closed to disable command station capability:
1. On your DCS51/DCS50, press the PROG key. The display shows the last decoder programming mode used.
2. Press the SWITCH key. The display shows the last switch used and its commanded position (c or t).
3. Use the numeric keypad to enter 02, the number of the Option Switch you want to change.
4. Press the c/- key to set OpSw 02 to closed.
5. Press the EXIT key.
6. The DCS50 display will show -br- to indicate that you are running as a booster/throttle without command station capability. When the DCS51/DCS50 is connected to the LocoNet system, it will act as a Booster and Throttle. If you see -cS- on the display of your DCS51/DCS50 that means that you are running in command station mode.