Q: Can you have two command stations on the same layout?
A: No. If you try and run with two command stations you will experience what we usually refer to as "shocking, horrifying results." Two command stations on a single layout is often a problem with modular layouts. You can disable the command station capability in Digitrax Command Station/Boosters so that you can use them as boosters only to add more power to your layout.
For the DCS100 to disable command station mode:
1. Set Op switch 2 to "c"
2. Set Op switch 5 to "t"
3. Set it to auto reversing mode or non-reversing mode.
a. Auto reverse mode: Set Op switch 3 to "c"
b. Regular operation mode: Set Op swtich 3 to "t"
For DB150 to disable command station mode:
1. Ground and Config A
Config A & B makes it auto reversing
For DCS51 & DCS50 to disable command station mode:
1. On your DCS51/DCS50, press the PROG key. The display shows the last decoder programming mode used.
2. Press the SWITCH key. The display shows the last switch used and its commanded position (c or t).
3. Use the numeric keypad to enter 02, the number of the Option Switch you want to change.
4. Press the c/- key to set OpSw 02 to closed.
5. Press the EXIT key.
6. The DCS50 display will show -br- to indicate that you are running as a booster/throttle without command station capability. When the DCS51/DCS50 is connected to the LocoNet system, it will act as a Booster and Throttle. If you see -cS- on the display of your DCS51/DCS50 that means that you are running in command station mode.