On layouts set up for Digitrax transponding with transponders in locos and rolling stock and transponder receivers installed on the layout, the DT40x’s FIND Key is used to turn on the find command.
The FIND function lets you see the zone location of transponders on the layout in your throttle display.
To use the FIND Command:
1. The layout must have Digitrax transponder receivers (BDL16x & RX4s) installed and configured.
2. The loco or other rolling stock that you want to track must have a transponder installed. This can be either a transponding decoder or a stand alone transponder.
3. Select the address of the transponder you want to track on the active throttle on your DT40x (the one with the flashing smoke icon).
Find can only be active for one address at a time.
4. Press the FIND Key , the display will show a screen similar to one of the following examples:
5. Find will remain active until you press the FIND Key again to disable find mode.