Resetting Factory Defaults
You are unlikely to encounter a problem that will require a factory reset.
One such instance may occur if you set a password for your Duplex Group name and forget what it is.
Resetting to factory default condition is an easy way to correct the situation.
Note: If you have more than one UR92 in your layout, you will want to disconnect all of them to do a full factory reset on each unit as follows. Once they have been reset, reconnected to your LocoNet, and allowed to renegotiate a common Group name; you can change the Duplex Group name and channel.
1. Disconnect the UR92 from the LocoNet. If you have more than one UR92 in your layout, you will want to disconnect all of them to do a full factory reset on each unit as follows.
2. Disconnect any throttle that is plugged into the UR92.
3. Leave the PS14 power supply connected to the UR92.
4. Press and hold the momentary switch (next to the power supply jack) for two seconds or until both the red and green LEDs begin to blink. Release the switch.
5. When the lights stop blinking, unplug the power supply.
6. Reconnect the PS14 DC power supply to UR92. The green and red LEDs should blink and then the red LED should stay on.
7. Connect the UR92 to your working LocoNet system using one of the RJ12 jacks at the rear of the UR92. The red LED will go off and the GREEN “radio” LED will wink at a 2-second interval to indicate that it is duplex configured and operational.
8. The UR 92 is now set to the factory default Group Name of Dtxnnnn (where “nnnn” is the unit serial number) and Channel 11.