Setting up your new Zephyr:
- Unpack the DCS-50 command station and the PS-315 power supply. On the back of the DCS-50,locate the gray screw terminal strip.On this strip, locate the two terminals labeled “RAIL A “and “RAIL B”.Attach these terminals to your track wires.It does not matter which is which.
- Before proceeding to the next step,make sure the throttle knob  is turned all the way to “stop” and the direction/brake lever  is set to”brake”. [See photo blelow].
- Now, find the plug on the back of the DCS-50 marked “POWER IN, 15 VAC, 2.5 AMPS”. This is where you plug in the barrel connector from the PS-315 power supply. Do so now. Next,plug the PS-315 into a convenient 110 VAC wall outlet.
- Going back to the front panel on the DCS-50,locate the button marked “POWER”. It is on the left hand column of buttons. When you push it,the orange “TRACK STATUS” light  will come on.
- Now, look at thbuttons on the front panel. Locate the one labeled “LOCO”. Press this button ONCE, enter the 2 or 4 digit address e main group of of your loco on the keypad , and press “LOCO” once again. Now, you have selected a loco to run!
- To run the locomotive, move the direction/brake switch  to either ‘FORWARD” or “REVERSE”, depending on which way you want the loco to move, and slowly turn the throttle  clockwise until the locomotive starts to move. To stop the loco, either turn the throttle back to “STOP”, or shift the direction/brake switch to “BRAKE”.
Now you're running with DCC! For more advanced features, please refer to the rest of this section of the Tech Support Depot.